Sunday, April 02, 2006

Two Bays

Today Total: 22k
Week Total: 57k
Month Total: 27k
Year Total: 739k

Wow - the end of daylight saving was just like opening the fridge door - the light came on and the cold air hit.

For those of you non-Sydney residents who peruse these pages we had our first chilly autumn morning today.

I haven't done a longish run since the hill hop a few weeks back - so I figured it was time to get out there and go a bit longer before the old pins forgot how. I had been planning to do this particular run for a while but between one thing and another I just haven't had the opportunity till today.

The route from my place took me to Cape Cabarita and then along the foreshore to Canada Bay - from there I used a road route to get me to Nield Park where I joined The Bay Run for a lap and then returned home the same way.

I avoid The Bay Run during the week like the plague due to all the traffic and noise - but on a crystal clear cool autumn Sunday morning it reverts back to become a slice of paradise.

About half way into my run on The Bay I detected another Six Foot singlet heading towards me (I was sporting mine as well) long before I recognised the happy face of Johnny Dark as he flashed by me at warp speed, effortlessly greeting me as I wheezed out a stifled "gmornin" - Edit: LOL after reading JD's comment you can see how far gone I already was :-).

Enthused by this encounter with a fellow CR I picked up the pace a bit and managed a pretty nice -ve split for the morning.

All up 22k in bang on 2.05.30 (av 5.42) - pretty happy with that :-)

12 comments:

R2B said...

Good on you 2P a nice solid hitout!

Don Juan said...

JD was probably a blur moving so fast. You haven't worked hard enough unless some bodily organs malfunction.

On that, I've got a box of lentils earmarked for Kit.

Tesso said...

22km seems such a long way! I take it all your bits and pieces behaved..

Gronk said...

Sounds like your fully recovered from the 6foot thing 2P. Well done mate. :)

Hilda said...

Great you already are back in perfect shape, now using all that good workout in a fantastic performance with no effort!

Katie said...

I love the bay really early when it is almost empty! Hey I have witnessed DJ jet propullsion first hand.... I will have to beg for the recipee tommorow.... I will be finished in no time!

Wobbly man said...

Great run there 2P!

Spark Driver said...

Don't worry the cold weather has hit down south this weekend as well.

Ewen said...

Sounds like a good run 2P. Not many hills in that one if I remember correctly.

It's a bit chilly in Canberra too - 12 degrees at 9am - good for the marathoners and 50kers if it stays like this.

Ellie80 said...

how cold is it getting? I am freezing!! i did my first bay run this weekend and hope to repeat it soon - but in a nice slow sensible fashion :)

Unknown said...

Very, very close now, 2P!

Bennyr said...

Ahh, light in the morning and a bit of cold.

I´m actally looking forward to getting back to training in a Sydney Autumn.

Cheers,
Ben