Sunday, April 09, 2006

Autumn Leaves

Today Total: 21k
Week Total: 51k
Month Total: 78k
Year Total: 790k (corrected to fix an error from a ways back)

In Bathurst again to visit the Halfpenny - so while she was off at Eisteddfod training I squished in a 21k loop taking in the Sofala Road, 11 Mile Drive, the Eglinton bicycle track and the Macquarie River bike track.

It was very chilly in Bathurst and my thoughts were with the Canberra Crowd when I saw it was zero degrees here this morning - fortunately my run didn't start till 10.30 am when it was a relatively balmy 10 degree and absolutely crystal clear and still.

The autumn leaves lent a magical variety of hues as I ran between fields of thigh high dry grass out along 11 Mile Drive and with no pollution or humidity to impair the view it was beautifully stunning - I love a sunburned country :-)

All up 21k in 2.02.56 (av 5.51).

Noice!

10 comments:

Jen said...

I always think of that poem when west of the GDR.

Sounded like a lovely way to spend a stunning Sunday morning. Nice work :-)

Lulu said...

Sounds like a perfect day in Bathurst. I like it at this time of year too. It was pretty chilly in Canberra but probably a nice temp for running a marathon.

Don Juan said...

It would've taken a half to warm up too.

Looking good for the SMH 1/2 if you drop down to shorter warm up runs.

Hilda said...

You have an extreme weather there!

Nice you can enjoy both extrems!

Ellie80 said...

noice indeed! sounds like a gorgeous run.

miners said...

love the imagery mate - not sure how you handle the cold though. Lived in Armidale myself, and while the streets sure were pretty this time of year, running down them was the last thing I thought of doing.

Spark Driver said...

I can just picture the serenity. Sounds great.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you are getting back into it again. My Dad told me there was sleety snow last time he was in Bathurst. Magical variety of hues sounds much nicer!

Simlin said...

Yep, great part of the world. Can't wait to get out in the country air next time I visit ma and pa Simlin in Wellington (NSW) hopefully it won't be as cold.

Horrie said...

That's a good pace for a 21km training run 2p. As DJ said, things are looking good for the SMH Half.