Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nibble At 90%+

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 52k
Month Total: 179
Year Total: 891k

To add some balance to the low heartrate stuff I've been doing I had a crack at a 3k TT today.

I'm up at Gwandalan and forgot the heartrate monitor strap for the Garmin so it suited me anyway. After mowing the lawns I got Mrs 2P to drop me up the road a bit on her way to Lake Haven to do some shopping.

Finished the 3k TT in 12.58 knocking some 16 seconds off my previous attempt on the same gently undulating course the week before Six Foot Track. I definitely would have hit max heartrate in the last little bit as I was behind the Virtual Partner by 13 meters with 178 meters to go - I didn't look at the watch from that point I just gunned it till the beep went off and was gasping like a gaffed fish.

The warm up k and the two warm down k's judging by my pace and breathing would have been about 80 to 85% MHR.

Back to the long slow stuff tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jen said...

2P be nimble, 2P be quick...

Nice work 2P. The great HR experiment already paying dividends. Well done!

Katie said...

Go 2p!!! Very nice time!!! You will be gunning it at SMH!

Unknown said...

Pretty good run, 2P! Not even I could catch you at that pace!!

Tesso said...

Excellent 3k time. Have you put it in the race pace calculator to see what to aim for at SMH? I have :-) Go 2P!!!!

Steve's Stuff said...

Bit of a bummer not having your heart monitor strap. I'm sure your hr was way up there, but would nice to know the actual figures.

By the way, good running. Any faster you'll be getting speeding tickets.