Monday, April 24, 2006

Back In The Harness

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 214k
Year Total: 926k

Another 10k @ 140bpm and I am definitely starting to see some improvement. Three of my 10k's this morning were sub 6.30 pace - the 8th k in 6.27 which is 5 seconds faster than last weeks quickest - wooohooo I'm almost up to a trot!

The other pleasing aspect is I'm down to 89.5kg making the total weight loss since I started this low heartrate game 2.9kgs in 10 days and I'm still eating like a horse.

I am going to stick with it because I'm liking the results thus far - but I have to say that mentally this is some of the toughest training I've ever done.

5 comments:

R2B said...

Yeah 2P that mine is at Marulan.I am looking forward to a bit of a fun "Road Trip" and getting paid for it!

Ps What did you think of that Hadd link i posted a few comments ago?
I'm no expert but i think there is a lot to be said for training at different heart rates (intensities)
Cheers R2B

Horrie said...

Stick with it 2p. You saw my result yesterday. I'm sure that this low HR training as well as the biking helped produced the goods for me.

Jen said...

Very interesting results 2P. I have no doubt that this experiment is going to pay off for you !

Ewen said...

I think you're getting somewhere 2P. Tough mental training is good.

The only problem with the dawn service is that it starts so early.

Tesso said...

Congrats on dropping the kilos. What's your goal weight?