Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dead Slow Ahead

Today Total: 25k
Week Total: 77k
Month Total: 204k
Year Total: 916k

After stoking up the boiler yesterday I rang the engine room bells for Dead Slow Ahead and navigated my way around the lake.

It was a chill but glorious morning and without a chest strap I just went on breathing and pace - a gentle run on a mixture of grass and trails with either water or bush views for the entire distance - it doesn't get much better than that :-)

Pretty happy with 77k for the week plus 2hrs 16mins on the bike.

6 comments:

Shane said...

I read your blog ocassionally, however your HR experiment has me curious. It will be interesting to see how it affects your performance at your next race. That is if you stick to it until then, personally you have persisted with it far longer than I could.

I can imagine how good it would have felt doing your 3TT a few days ago. Well done on the time for that aswell.

Lulu said...

Sounds like a lovely run 2P! Good to be alive type of day.

Rachel said...

Chuggin' along. Sounds like a nice long run.

Don Juan said...

Good to vitually see you loosen up and go nude without that chest strap.

Good weekly mileage.

Hannah said...

77k for the week! Great stuff!

Tesso said...

You're almost at the 1000k mark for the year - how exciting!