Friday, April 28, 2006

Day 14

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 40k
Month Total: 244k
Year Total: 956k

Well here we are - day 14 of The Great Heartrate Experiment.

Ran the usual 10k this morning @ 140bpm in 65.01 (av 6.30) which is 34 seconds faster than yesterday.

So conclusions thus far:

- have remained niggle free despite hitting terminal velocity in a 3k TT last Saturday (which was a 14sec PB of 12.58)

- really enjoying my training managing to get in 2 session most days ie run/bike or run/kung fu

- I am convinced that not all of my improvement is due to changes in the weather, phase of the moon or imaginitis.

- the benchmark 7th & 8th k's as well as overall times continue to fall

7th k:  6.39, 6.38, 6.35, 6.34, 6.29, 6.22
8th k: 6.37, 6.38, 6.32, 6.27, 6.22, 6.20

- no further weight loss ie intake to burn ratio appears balanced (bugger)

I'm a happy 2P - I would like to increase the mileage (10k at this heartrate leaves me wanting) but I really don't want to get up any earlier - guess I'll just have to wait until I become more efficient at lower heartrates and get faster before extending the distance.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looking good! I would say so far it looks like it is working... who care why as long as it is :-)

runlady said...

Sounds good - I'll have some of what you're having please. Can't be the heartrate thing already paying off??

Don Juan said...

Looks to me like you need a bit more self-discipline in the kitchen rather than on the track.
Easier written than done of course, and it's a 24-7 effort.

Tesso said...

This plan you are working to, is it something you wrote yourself? If so, you should sell it.