Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Keeping The Faith

Today Total: 10k + 30mins MTB
Week Total: 15k + 1hr 43mins MTB
Month Total: 142k + 4hrs 1min MTB
Year Total: 854k + 6hrs 19mins MTB

Edit: Got home and decided to have a quick bash on the wind trainer for 30mins @ 132bpm - given that I intend using the trainer a bit I've decided to measure the bike riding by time rather than distance.

I was planning on a Mona's fartlek this morning but that was Testosterone 2P trying to undermine the plan - eventually Centsible 2P took over and decided after the food excesses of the weekend that low heart rate was on the menu again today.

Blimey it's a trudge though 10k in 67.21 (av 6.44) @ 140bpm av. Keep the faith brother, keep the faith......

8 comments:

Ellie80 said...

wow - you are going great guns with the HR stuff. Sounds like it is a pretty good idea. hope you had a top easter!

Katie said...

hehe I feel like dropping to my kness and yelling hallalujia when I read your post!!! It will get there~ you are more patient than me!

Don Juan said...

This seems like the ultimate test of faith.
Give me a personality test at the local church of scientology.

Lulu said...

I know I hate running that slowly too! The good thing is at that pace I could at least run with you, then you could tell your ego it was me that was holding you back :)

Tesso said...

I fear you are becoming a bit too attached to your new toy. Is there anything you do without measuring your heartrate ;-)

Jen said...

I agree with Lulu - I could run with you and then you could tell yourself that you are holding back because of me! LOL

Keep the faith my friend. This WILL pay off :-)

D said...

I'm glad the sensible 2P took over! I agree w/Jen - this will pay off!

Stephen Lacey said...

What I would particularly like to see is some careful benchmarking of these "slow" runs. If the speed at which you run at 140 bpm starts increasing, then you will know it is working and that you are training parts of the aerobic system that had been neglected by your devotion to running at really high heart rates. I loved Hadd's tube of toothpaste analogy.