Sunday, October 01, 2006

On Your Bike

My legs pulled up heaps better after yesterday than I expected - happy days :-)

Another glorious Spring day - so when I found out that the social director had booked us in to go and watch grand halfpenny number 1 do some modeling work at Birkenhead Point the wheels and cogs got to turning that I could literally get the wheels and cogs turning.

So I got out the metal detector and started searching for the MTB - I finally found it in the carport under a pile of dust and cobwebs - it was worth the asthma attack to dust it off - it's actually red - go figure ;-)

I rode on semi-flat tyres for 5k till I finally found a servo that had their air compressor turned on - nothing like old fashion service - well there certainly is nothing like it around Concord anyway *tish-boom*.

And onwards to Birkenhead (where I promptly lost my sunnies) - the grand halfpenny sans front teeth did her best for Osh Kosh & Pumpkin Patch and earned more money for about a minute and a half all up on the catwalk (aged 7) than I do in a day - good work if you can get it - maybe I should become her agent......

On the way back I took in The Bay, Five Dock and then back to the foreshore around Canada Bay and Breaky Point where a maggie got me a nice raking blow down the side of the cheek - even drew blood - so now I have the classic duelling scar to go with my Germanic ancestory - now where are those blue coloured contact lenses and peroxide?

Anyhoo all up 20k in just under an hour - pretty happy with that considering the first 5k was like riding through molasses. Life is good :-)

9 comments:

miners said...

great to hear the bike getting a dust-off mate. Sounds like a perfect middle to the weekend after your great effort at the Bay yesterday.

also like the fact there was almost a boys from brazil reference in there somewhere ;)

Ewen said...

He thought you were fair game because you didn't have your sunnies ;)

Yep, become her agent. You might get to travel the world and run in places we all dream about!

owen said...

Those scumbag magpies!

I have found, after too many close calls to recount, that they scatter if you shake your water bottle at them...

Excellent work on the run too!

CJ said...

Don't trust maggies when I'm on my bike - was attacked on the face three times a couple of years ago - the maggie wouldn't leave me alone. Running, cycling - so when does the swimming start?!

D said...

Lookout 2P - your daughter might be the next Supermodel! Nice bike ride ...well except for the attack...ouch.

Unknown said...

Maybe the grand half penny will shout you some new sunnies!

hard work riding the bike on semi-flat tyres, 2P & that magpie needs to be flattened...sounds like a nasty cut. Hope you're Ok to run another day!

Katie said...

Nice work on saturday!!! I am so sorry... I completely forgot that you have not met Ray only read about him!!! I promise to introduce next time :-) What a glorious day it was yesterday!!

Unknown said...

replica louis vuitton bags
are an important part of fashion, the type of louis vuitton replica bags
that a lady carries will affect the way her wardrobe looks, carrying cheap louis vuitton purses
made by popular designer labels has been very fashionable.

Unknown said...

I also collect hermes handbags , belts and scarves. Yes, I am sick and my obsession runs deep but bag hermes is the only luxury brand that does not lose its value (even Chanel does not hold its value once it’s left the boutique), in fact bags hermes increase in value with time so at least I am not squandering away my child’s inheritance!
Natural Slimming Pills: lida daidaihua. The truth about weight loss pills is that there are so many out there in the market and lida is best for you. There have been studies that tried and tested daidaihua in the market. And these studies came out with several outstanding results to determine lida slimming is for you to take. Because this is clinically proven and that it is a risk-free diet pill, slimming capsule is composed of 100% natural ingredients and is known to suppress hunger and binds up to 28% of fats. This has also been approved slimming capsules has no side effects