Sunday, October 29, 2006

Big Jump

Today Total: 23k
Week Total: 56k
Month Total: 146k
Year Total: 1487k

Watching silly Westerns on the tele last night I didn't get to bed until absurdly late so I was bit slow to get moving this morning and didn't get out the door till almost 10AM.

Surprisingly I felt great so I decided to do a genuine LSD run taking the first couple of k's at around 6.40 pace - distance being todays objective.

I implemented my tried and trusted distance extender regimen of a 1 min walk break after every 20 mins of running and it worked a treat.

The route I took was the foreshore from Cape Cabarita to Canada Bay and then across to The Bay for a lap and return. I picked the pace up a bit around The Bay for show - though I ran into the herd doing Seven Bridges crossing Iron Cove and these cows weren't budging for my calves (do your worst DJ & Ewen - if you've got anything left that is). My pace gradually dropped over the last 8k with a couple of 7 minute shockers in there when I hit hills.

All up I did 23k in 2.33.55 (6.41av)including the walk breaks - considering my longest run since June has been 14k I'm very happy with it.

:-)

13 comments:

Lulu said...

That's a great run 2P, especially after your tummy bug this week. Hope the legs are not sore tomorrow!

Superflake said...

Like the Six Foot clock counter. I still saw some of those 7 bridges walkers when I crossed Anzac bridge about 2pm.

Horrie said...

Good to see you ramping up the distance 2p. You need plenty of miles in those legs to be ready for 6 Foot O'clock.

Jen said...

I see you follow the 100% rule...whatever works ;-)

Dave said...

Good work 2p, 6ft next will is gonna be a big one!!!!!

Dave said...

hmm,

That should have been "6ft next year is gonna be a big one" :)

Simlin said...

saweet! nicerun.

R2B said...

Nice work 2P!
Your a man after my own heart....

15km one week 26km the next....
Through out the rule book!

Cheers R2B

Ps. Will try to learn how to put that 6' foot counter you sent me into the blog without crashing it this time!!

Hilda said...

Great you just had moved that easy again, sound like a great run!

Is going to be great reading about happiness here :D

Gronk said...

Well done mate. Can you declare that your "back" now ?

Steve's Stuff said...

Well done, that's a massive increase and in a sensible manner.

miners said...

Congrats mate - great to hear you running long again after such a big break :)

Ewen said...

I could try and rustle up something but I don't want to be branded as desperate.

Can I borrow your distance extender for Saturday?