Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Narrowneck Bliss

Today Total: 14k
Week Total: 18k
Month Total: 18k
Year Total: 1356k

Talk about chalk and cheese - when I was last at Narrowneck last Sunday week it was 28 degrees and gale force winds - today it 21 degrees and not even a hint of a breeze. Springtime in the mountains at its best :-)

I parked up at the locked gate, jacked up the camelbak and after manouvering my body underneath it (read extended all the straps to accommodate my new found girth) went for a trot 7k out to the fire tower and return - I went out very conservatively walking the worst of the hills early - the plan was always for a negative split which I accomplished by a bit over 2 minutes - so pretty satisfied with that.

The views were simply stunning today and I was very much in my happy place :-) 14k is still a bit short to call it a real run - but I'm getting there ;-)

Hehe and one for you Hilda - I'm tapping out this post on my Blackberry at a place called Hilda's Lookout!

7 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Oh, come on! 14k is too a real run. All you have to do is continue to increase your consistency and get out there regularly. Nice and slow. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc, etc. You're doing great, so don't fall into this thinking you have to run 28 km to call yourself a runner crap, I mean trap. What happened to your old plan to run to heart rate, a la Maffetone etc? Seems it might be a good time to dust that off.

Anyway, sounds beautiful out there on Narrowneck. I can picture it, and even smell it. Shame as I look out my window all I can see is concrete buildings of various shades and hues. I envy you your happy place.

miners said...

What do you mean 14km isn't a real run? The girls are going to give you heaps for that comment. I think 14km is more than enough for a real run too thanks!

Don Juan said...

You're getting them to bite. 14 km is an ultra for me at the moment.
Nice to see you're getting into double digits, not to mention the secret hill training.
I'm using a mechanic's engine-pit to manoeuvre into some outfits.

Jen said...

Sheer bliss.

Can't wait to join in the fun

D said...

We want to see these stunning Views 2P - do pack your camera! nice job running.

Hilda said...

This should be a sign :P

We will have to support each other with our weight issues... we have to get at least to where we were!

That sounds like a great run, no matter what you say!

Unknown said...

No comment. ;-)