Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sub 60 10k

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 103k
Year Total: 1444k

Yeeehaa!!! Today was the breakthrough I've been looking for since I recommenced training - 10k in 59.18.

I know 59.18 for 10k aint nuffin to crow about but this is the first run I have done in 3 or 4 months where I didn't feel like I was struggling at any stage, I felt strong the whole way - by the same token I certainly didn't bludge and the strong headwind I ran into around the foreshore for most of the run certainly kept me honest.

I'd rate it as a good hard and satisfying workout for this stage of my training - I'm a very happy 2P tonight :-)

14 comments:

Jen said...

Love your work...

Ewen said...

Fantastic 2P! Have a beer or three for me :)

57 seconds and some days, hours and minutes to 6'!

Simlin said...

Coming along nicely my learned friend.

Stephen Lacey said...

Good job! Onwards and upwards eh...

Superflake said...

Excellent work. Building speed for six foot.

Samurai Running said...

Running is a terrific sport in the way we can build on our runs. Like you said it might not be much to crow about but it's all relative.

I remember, two years ago, plodding around a 1K track and having to take a break half way to catch my breath.

Pat Carroll said once that there is basically no difference in effort between his best times and his slowest. It is all relative to the build up and we can be just as happy/tired running a sub 5hr marathon as a sub 3hr one.

Cirque said...

I'm very happy you're happy 2P.

Gronk said...

Way to go Champ. Keep chipping away mate.

miners said...

mate - that's been a pretty damn good recovery. Won't be long till the CC 1/2 timekeepers will be quivering in their boots :)

Spark Driver said...

Well done on the progress.

Steve's Stuff said...

Well done, things must be working.

What's the counter for? Someone mentioned 6' but I'm too lazy to mentally calculate it.

D said...

a happy 2P - what more can we ask for. Nice job!

Lulu said...

Yay, that's great 2P. I can't believe how quickly you can get back to your previous form.

Katie said...

Woo hoo!!! Very nice work!!!