Monday, October 09, 2006

Still Plodding

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 6k
Month Total: 34k
Year Total: 1372k

I have Whinging Leg Syndrome - no niggles - just tired, miserable pins that feel like lead weights attached to me at the hips.

With a hectic schedule for the next couple of days I needed a run today as insurance against not being able to squeeze one in later in the week. Tomorrow is Mrs 2P's Happy Birthday day and as previous wounds  have now healed sufficiently I won't risk bloodshed or a broken limb by going for run (no one here but us cowards). Wednesday I am on the Red Eye to Melbourne and have a work dinner that night so no running opportunity there. I might squeeze something in on Thursday or Friday but will just have to wait and see - maybe Wobbles might be up for a trot Thursday arvo?

As for today - yowser! - I struggled through 6k in 40 minutes - Ewen I might as well just buy you that beer now mate ;-)

9 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Happy birthday Mrs 2P! :-)

Ewen said...

No need to panic.

That was 6k more than me - my calf is mooing again... but I refuse to be "cowed by my calves"!

Many happy returns Mrs 2P!

Jen said...

I'm glad to see that you've learnt your lesson after last year - happy birthday Mrs 2P !

Don Juan said...

You'll still make the cut off for six foot track.

Happy celebrating. Birthday garmin for Mrs 2P?

Wobbly man said...

Dear Mrs 2P,

Happy birthday!!. I'm sure 2P will buy you a fabulous and expensive present and I will personally make sure he has an opportunity to purchase some Koko Black chocolate for you later this week.

I promise he will be returned safe and sound (unbroken) on Friday if you could just ask him to run slowly enough for me to run with him.

Best wishes Wm (insert PG hug here)

Clairie said...

heh 2P, don't worry too much about the tired whinging legs. They'll get used to the workload before too long.

Sounds like with work schedules and the celebrations at home you will have some enforced rest - so mentally and physically you will be ready and geared up to run again towards the end of the week.

Enjoy your trip and don't stress too much about not being able to run.

TD said...

I always miss your posts 2P when I am travelling - really delectible stuff to read and you have just such a way with words!

Thanks for your comments on my blog, and yes that first photo is the spot where Forrest saw Jenny. I thought about that scene many times when I was there.

Take care champ.

Don Juan said...

I was going to title that earlier post 'Goldilocks' but thought it was too preposterous weaving such far-fetched nonsense into a simple post about a run. Next thing I'll be pretending to have run six foot trek before ;-).

Hilda said...

Hope you have a nice celebration there!
Congratulations for her from Americaaaaa!