Sunday, October 22, 2006

Planes, Trains & Automobiles?

Today Total: 14k
Week Total: 41k
Month Total: 93k
Year Total: 1434k

No! Grasses, Trails & Bitumi (ok so I took some poetic licence inventing a plural for bitumen) :-)

With heavy showers through the night I opted for the relatively wimpy option of running around the lakefront (ish) of Gwandalan and Summerland Point. It rained on and off and everytime I was exposed to the honking Southerly that was blowing I zipped my CR tri top right up and jammed my '05 Six Foot hat down low over my eyes.

Today was a tremendous grind after the last few days but I am starting to feel that old familiar confidence (probably misplaced) that I can run long distances :-)

12 comments:

Ewen said...

We needed someone to break the drought. Thanks 2P!

Regarding 'chipping away'... I've heard that jackhammers work well on concrete ;)

Now, what training can I do in the 09 seconds bit of the 6' countdown?

Tesso said...

Heeee's back :-)

Lulu said...

That's great 2P. Back to 14kms already is v. exciting.

miners said...

ah - back to the familiar Gwandy trails - no wonder you enjoyed the runs so much mate :)

Simlin said...

Love the ticker up top!

Don Juan said...

That base of yours sounds like the Pyramids of Giza.

Hopefully yours won't last as long.

Spud said...

Good to see the totals on the rise Scott, sounds like your fitness is rapidly improving.

Clairie said...

2P the Endurance runner woo hoo. Good feeling isn't it to know you can last the distance?

Rachel said...

What an effort. If it rained here I wouldn't be running I'd be having a party to celebrate, but then again maybe I need to go for a long run to get it to rain. My first two runs over 10k were in the rain.

Jen said...

What Tesso said ;-)

Hilda said...

Now the training will start the climb up, how nice to share this experience here!

R2B said...

Not missplaced at all!
You'll have to post that quote again from someone elses blo....loved it!

R2B