Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Run With Two Halves

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 202k
Year Total: 1363.4

Yay cracked the 200k mark for the month!

Well I wanted to see if there was any point in purchasing a ticket for the Minerstrain. I know it's a bit late in the piece but with those two drama queens the Gastroc twins I havn't really had much of a chance to measure my progress and I wanted to see whether running at a 5.12 pace was feasable over any distance.

I had already planned to run 8k today so I decided to get my pace up to threshold i.e. solid breathing without going into debt hold it for 4k then return at whatever I felt comfy at.

Results:

4k @ 4.49
4k @ 5.24

So hmmm...... I reckon I might as well catch the train just to be sociable - I can always get off and commute on my own if I need to :-)

10 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Congrats on 200 k's for the month. Looks like you had a bit of a lull for a few months since June.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the comments at my blog.

Jen said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only person with drama queen body parts. I'm sure you won't need to commute solo on Sunday. See you then,

J

Tesso said...

That train could be an express, you may not be able to hop off :-)

Sounds like its gonna be such a fun ride!

Bennyr said...

Good to hear, 2P.

I'll look forward to meeting you on the train.

CJ said...

Enjoy the ride on Minerstrain - I think you'll surprise yourself. Fingers crossed the gastroc twins behave themselves - put on heaps of voltaren gel!!! Enjoy the day.

miners said...

looks like you're more than qualified for the train 2P - should be great fun on the day. Just hope there's room for us all! Incidentally, have you tried taking gels for the runs beyond 90 minutes?

Katie said...

Sounds like great fun!!! You will be fine... I wish I could come and cheer but have two christmas do's on that day! But plenty of good thoughts coming your way!

Don Juan said...

You'll could be in the engine room with those 200km in the legs.
Make Miners do all the hard work.

Hilda said...

Congratulations on that 200 mark reached!! The best since february, so it is not easy to keep them that way... I am learning.
Good luck on that race.
I am taking some of your ideas about measuring for my own blog.

Dave said...

All aboard!!!

Get those twins working and remember the occy strap so you can lasso Miners if he goes too fast.

Run hard.