Friday, November 25, 2005

Self Maximising

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 30k
Month Total: 182k
Year Total: 1343.4k

NB If anyone is interested I have inserted the map of yesterdays run below (thanks MR for the help with line widths). For anyone not familiar with Canberra the thing in the centre of the cirlcle (lower right corner) is our Parliment House.

I can't remember if I read it in Deeks or Mona's biography, but one of them referred to the body as self maximising machine and it never fails to amaze me how this works.

During October I was flat out trying to run just 1k during a run at a sub 6 min pace. Today on a recovery run I comfortably ran an average of 5.32.

I didn't run this morning because my legs still felt tired from yesterdays effort. They did improve through the day so I thought an easy 8k along the foreshore (I'm back home) would freshen me up nicely for tonights training.

In my mind I planned I would cruise at around a 6.10 or so pace and enjoy the scenery. I was stunned when I heard the little beep signifying my first k split to see I had done it in 5.26 as I truly felt I was dawdling and wouldn't have been surprised to see 6.26! In fact I reckon my double take would have been a cracker to see.

Injuries notwithstanding I have put a fair bit of thought into my prep for the half on the 4th since I decided in late September I wanted to do it and touch wood it looks like I might have timed my peak just right.

Again touching wood, all I need to do is get my ducks in a line for next week without doing anything dumb and I am confident I will get the best result I can given the amount of preparation time I've had.

But the truly exciting thing is KT put out the first newsletter for the '06 6' Track today - how excitement! If all goes according to plan this will be my first attempt (my fourth in total) at it with more than 8 weeks running preparation. So the opportunity exists to run a biiiiiiig PB next March - bring it on baby!

Probably wont run this weekend - Bathhurst weekend.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Its great to hear that your running is coming along nicely - fingers crossed that all goes well between now and the half, and then 6 foot track next year.

Cirque said...

Wow - sounds like exciting times ahead 2P.
It's great to hear everything's going well.

Lulu said...

Sounds like you're enjoying some great runs and I'm glad the evil twins are behaving! Sounds like you're in for a good run at CC.

Enjoy Bathurst. We go up there a few times a year as my sister in law lives there.