Thursday, November 24, 2005

Lap Of The Lake

Today Total: 16k
Week Total: 22k
Month Total: 174k
Year Total: 1335k

Happy happy, joy joy :-)

I pulled up lame after Tuesdays run so running was not an option yesterday.

Instead I slipped up to my room at every break in the conference and made myself sit in a freezing cold Canberra water bath. Apply Brauer joint and muscle gel, haul on the skins, slip back into the zoot suit and wander back into the crowd. All up including before and after the conference I managed 6 repeats.

When I woke this morning I was all smiles - blissfully pain free. To celebrate a decided a lap of the lake was called for.





The little jogging brochure in the hotel informed me this should be a 16k loop which was perfect as that is exactly how far I wanted to run. It probably is 16k but a couple of nav errors at Black Mountain Peninsular and the Aussie Museum added an extra 2k (which I walked/shuffle ran as a warm down - red line above).

The happy happy, joy joy bit is that I comfortably did 16k @ 5.34 in 1.29.07 - my quickest longer run in ages and so far the Gastroc twins are behaving.

That's my last longish run now till the CC Half.

Probably too much information, but I am tapping this post out on the Blackberry from what I hope will be my last bloody cold bath for a while - now where did I put my skins? :-)

9 comments:

miners said...

Great prep for the Half - sounds like everything's falling into place nicely.

(must get me a pair of these fabled skins. Seems like I'm one of the very few out here sans-skin).

D said...

Brrrr...I'm freezing just reading your post. I have trouble icing my foot let alone submerging myself into an ice bath....ugh! Impressive that you were able to do that during your conference!

Congrats on being pain free.

Tesso said...

Its kinda fun wearing the Skins under the work daks, its like you have a secret.

Don't like the thought of icy cold baths - just as well cos I don't have a bathtub :-) But this Brauer gel sounds interesting ....

Dave said...

Very good spelling for an effort on the crackberry!

Miners, the skins coupled with the back tri suit would be a good look ;)

Cirque said...

Be careful you don't electrocute yourself 2P.

I'm also getting a bit concerned about this secret underwear thing. Best not to make a habit of it!

trailblazer777 said...

All the best for the CC Half! and go the blackberry...

Katie said...

Hey!!! I am so glad to hear your on track for the half!! I cant wait to read all about it. You are certainly putting in the hard work so you will do really well!!

CJ said...

Wow, and its not been overly warm in 'sunny' Canberra lately.

That map looked very familiar!!!

miners said...

I like the map mate