Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rest Is Good

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 12k
Month Total: 52k
Year Total: 1213.4k

Well 2 days off training and a 3 day break from running has done wonders - I feel freshly minted.

After Fridays cricket niggle, running wasn't an option on either Saturday or Sunday. I probably could have run yesterday but my calf was still fairly sore so decided that discretion played the better part.

Pulled up really well after last nights session and decided I would run this morning. I was almost put off by the rain (it's not running in the rain that bothers me - it's the minute or so standing around in it waiting for the Garmin to get its act together) but  I really want to get back to running consistently in the AM so I donned the runners and headed out.

My calf was still a bit sore so I did a very conservative 6.40 first k. A quick systems check and all seemed well so I upped the pace and I must say running in the rain this morning at a fairly consistent 5.30 pace for the next 11k was an absolute delight.

I really was in my happy place today and even those snivelling Gastroc twins seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Won't know what to do with myself tonight now I've run this morning......

4 comments:

Jen said...

Very glad to hear that your run went well this morning.

May your freshly minted condition continue :-)

J.

miners said...

Great idea 2P - rest is always good (I might even take this entire week off running). Glad to know the mind has refreshed so well!

Tesso said...

That last sentence sounds like a good title for a song :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

A fresh, pain-free and fit body is certainly an amazing feeling. Hope the calf is OK.