Friday, November 11, 2005

Play Time

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 40k
Month Total: 80k
Year Total: 1241.4

Well the Gastroc twins are as happy as they ever get (brats) so I thought I might have some fun with them this morning.

I headed out on a repeat of Wednesays 8k  run which includes a 3k out and back section on the fantastic surface around France Bay, Exile Bay and Canada Bay. Only today my intention was to play with the 3rd and 6th kilometer and "attack" them.

It was delightfully cool and fresh after last nights Southerly and so no excuses not to have a go. I should point out I havn't done any speed work since 1999. I guess that requalifies me as a speedwork newbie and I have been putting this off and off until the time was right.

So the results:

3k - 4.29
6k - 4.27

Yay I could just about keep up with Steve L (Team J's speed demon) for about a k on one of his "cruuuzy" runs!

Humble beginnings but the longest journey as they say........

The plan is training tonight, rest tomorrow (lawns) and something long and enjoyable on Sunday.

3 comments:

Jen said...

A journey of 1000 miles begins with 2 happy Gastroc twins :-)

J.

Tesso said...

Sounds like a nice re-introduction to speed work there TP.

Don't ya just love reading our Steve L's blog, especially his easy 18k runs at some crazy pace. He sure will come in handy if ever we have a blog team challenge. And so will you if you keep this up :-)

Katie said...

Hey!!! I just had to post congratulations on being a grand 2p!!! Wow! I am waiting on the arrival of my first neice... very exciting!!!