Tuesday, November 01, 2005

12k Hard

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 18k
Month Total: 12k
Year Total: 1173.4k

There is a masochistic streak in me and it was raging today. Being my 4th consecutive running day I had planned to run a 12k easy, but for some reason when I looked at my first k split I was going more at my racing pace and decided to see how long I could hold it.

The route was Canada Bay, Breakfast Point and a lap of Concord Golf Course which meant that the 7th, 8th, 10th & 12th k's contain a fair amount of uphill and several times I caught myself making an excursion above my aerobic threshold (read I was panting like a St Bernard at the Equator and probably didn't look too dissimilar).

I finished the run completely wasted but satisfied.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Nice work 2p.

Tesso said...

You gotta love days like that (and make the most of them), when for some unknown reason you just feel great.

Hope you're feeling as good as that or better for the CC Half.

Bennyr said...

Nice mental image, 2P.

I've been that St Bernard many a times.

Lulu said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog, I appreciate it :)

I love the St Bernard image.. I will think of that on Friday when I am chasing those speedy boys around Centennial Park..