Thursday, December 01, 2005

Final Tinker & Doddle

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 14k
Month Total: 6k
Year Total: 1369.4k

Picked up a new pair of shorts on the way home. I realised I didn't have a pair of running shorts with pockets and as they are only serving water at the drinks stations I want to carry a gu or two particularly if it is hot. Got a pair of Nike Swoosh on special at Rebel for $17. They are a bit big and baggy but then again so am I :-)

I headed out right on sunset complete with a gu in each of the 3 pockets to see what it felt like. For the record I will be carrying the gu in my back pocket on Sunday.

The plan tonight was to build speed steadily over the first 2k and hit terminal velocity on the third. Then turn around and just like Tuesday come back at whatever felt comfy.

Results:

1k - 5.22 (easy peasy)
2k - 5.06 (comfortable)
3k - 4.12!!! (hard)

Final 3k @ 5.29

The lights reflecting on the water were spectacular tonight with no wind to disturb the surface and I was definitely in my happy place as I cruised home around the bay.

Sunday is going to be a fun day.

12 comments:

Hilda said...

Your excitement and energy are contagious!!
Enojy a lot!!!

CJ said...

Good luck for Sunday!!!

Tesso said...

Woohoo - a 4:12! Wouldn't it be nice to be able to string 21 of those babies together on Sunday ;-)

So I guess its rest now until then. Have a great run.

Jen said...

Yes it will be :-)

Katie said...

Oooooh I can smell a really good run on Sunday! You sound focused and ready to go! Now its whatever happens on the day :-) Relax and enjoy... I cant wait to hear about it! Doesn't 4:12 feel good... I am with Tesso, how good would it be to be able to maintain that (dream)... one day :-)

Lulu said...

Sounds like you're primed and ready to go 2P. Have a great run on Sunday and enjoy your pre race rest days.

Bennyr said...

4:12? You're on fire, man!

All bodes well for Sunday. I'm sensing I'm not the only one getting all Big Kev about it.

Cheers,
Ben

miners said...

Looks like the prep (including the GU test) has been perfect. Should be a great run on the day

Tamyka Bell said...

Best of luck! I will think fast and steady thoughts for you :D

trailblazer777 said...

All the best for Sunday!

Hope the terminal velocity zone gets paid a visit at the appropriate time, and you smash the PB!

Stephen Lacey said...

Good luck for the big one. Don't go out too fast ;-)

Steve's Stuff said...

Good luck on Sunday....Eat well on Saturday....