Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Easy Six

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 6k
Month Total: 158k
Year Total: 1319k

I gave myself another flogging at training last night and woke up feeling a bit dehydrated. It was a gorgeous morning and too good not to go for a run, so I headed out for Canada Bay.

I'm really quite fortunate in that 200 meters from home I have access to a green belt that runs through Concord. Though I have to cross a couple of roads on the way I get 1.5k of running through parks on grass or dirt track when I take this route.

I wasn't sure how far I wanted to run, but my left calf had a dull ache all the way, further vindicating my decision to be a bit gentle today and helping me to make the decision to bail at 6k. I'm off to Canberra for few days and really want to get in a couple runs around the lake, so no point in pushing it.

Apart from the calf I felt really comfy out there this morning and really enjoyed not putting myself under any pressure. Morning sun, green parks, stunning water views, the odd friendly local - nice :-)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog 2P :-)

Sounds like a lovely way to start the day. Have fun in Canberra,

J.

CJ said...

Weather is pretty good in Canberra at the moment *touch wood* hope it stays that way.

Tesso said...

Wow, it all sounds so nice where you train.

Next time I'm in town I might have to come and do one of these great runs with you ... if you don't mind :-)

CJ said...

I thought I was following your approach ie I will not be cowed by my calves, except for me it was I will not be beaten by the blahs! But Cirque's approach is looking mighty fine at the moment!

Cirque said...

Stop running. Drink champagne. Buy new clothes.

Cirque said...

PS. Giordano has a special on pants :)