Thursday, February 02, 2006

Squelch Squelch

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 16k
Year Total: 309k

I'm guessing everyones blog is going to say the same thing this morning - not to put too fine a point on it this morning was rather sultry.

I woke up a 5:00am before the alarm and could feel the heaviness in the air and thought it would be best to make an early start - who knows I might even turn todays run into longer than planned...... ha ha.

By the time I reached the point of no return for a longer run I could hear and feel my feet squelching in my shoes and I was feeling the effects of 3 sessions in 12 hours - best head for home.

Despite feeling a bit light headed (dehydration) when I finished, I was happier with todays 8k at 5.50av but my running is still not back to normal.

Getting there though :-)

11 comments:

RunDave said...

Actually it was quite nice over here in Adelaide - cool, overcast and a light breeze - perfect conditions for running. You probably didn't want to hear that though.

Tesso said...

Up here the humidity peaks between 5.00 and 5.30, I guess its the same there. So getting that early start is a little cooler but way sweatier. Can't win!

What we need is sweat bands for the ankles to keep the shoes and socks drier!

R2B said...

I don't think i'd be able to get out of bed that early for a run...on the other hand running at 1am is fine for me,guess i'm more of a night runner.

R2B said...

I don't think i'd be able to get out of bed that early for a run...on the other hand running at 1am is fine for me,guess i'm more of a night runner.

Dave said...

I'm hearing you 2p, or is that still my squelching shoes?

Excellent idea Tesso, did I see some of the tennis players wearing something like that? I'm sure Lleyton had some sort of velcro type thingo on his lower shins.

Katie said...

Tesso thats a brilliant idea.... my shoes felt 2kg heavier after my run!!! 3 session in 12hrs thats tough! I loved your alliteration re the falafels :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

At least you were warm and squelchy!! Last night I was squelchy and freezing my proverbials off.

Don Juan said...

Barefoot and in your birthday suit could be the answer.
Not that I'll be there to join you.
I always go a bit faster if I think the cops might drive past.

Hilda said...

Smells in the air from bed?
Yes, I've feel that, the joy of running just as opening your eyes.

TA and the Gnome said...

Yep. It was a bit leaky out there today... :-)

Spark Driver said...

You people will live near the Equator.
Quite nice down 'Mexico' way hehe.