Friday, February 17, 2006

Something Different

Today Total: 15k
Week Total: 55k
Month Total: 161k
Year Total: 454k

A bit stale of the usual stomping grounds, this morning I headed up through North Strathfield and Homebush onto the Cooks River Bicycle Track.

The section through Homebush has some nice long gradual hills on the way out namely Pomeroy St and Pemberton Ave and some shorter sharper downhill sections which means on the return trip it is reversed and ideal for a negative split.

I used to run out here last year as my long run course preparing for Six Foot and I was heartened today that the hills that had me back to a trudge last year barely made a dint in my average 1k split times. The real acid test is the short sharp rise up over North Strathfield Railway Station on the return journey - I have always found this a hill a real challenge towards the end of a run and this morning I spanked it.

Finished the 15k with a predictable negative split (but I'll take it!) in 1.24.45 (av 5.39) - another nice confidence booster :-)

10 comments:

Tesso said...

Great stuff 2P. Its good when you can compare a run to other times you've done it and come away happy with the improvement.

And it looks like you're gonna buid up some mighty fine mileage this week too :-)

miners said...

yoko, jakamoko, toto

Stephen Lacey said...

Nice going big fulla! Great to see that tangible progress!

Lulu said...

I see Miner has hit your blog with his strange new cult thing too! Glad to see you doing a bit of spanking.. nice work!

Bennyr said...

Sounds like a nice little workout there 2P.

Any chance you could post/email me (ben @ amigo . com . au) a satellite photo of it? I like pinching your training runs.

Cheers,
Ben

CJ said...

Its very satisfying to have a good run under the belt - sounds like you had more success than me today.

Don Juan said...

You're on track to spank Pluvio and black range too.

I could be in for a spanking too unless I watch what I have for dinner on 10 March.

TA and the Gnome said...

...nothing better than spanking a hill, especially one that's spanked you a few times in the past :-)

sfG

Katie said...

Nothing like a good spanking ;-)

Well run 2P... you should feel confident!

Horrie said...

You are in great shape 2p and this run just shows how far you have come in a year. Look forward to seeing you at Explorer's Tree on March 11.