Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Excuses Excuses

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 12k
Month Total: 8k
Year Total: 301k

Ok I can find a couple of positives about todays run:

1. It was a whole lot better than yesterdays fiasco

2. It's another 8k in the legs

But that's about it.

8k @ 6.11av

I'm going to play my excuse card today - coming off a very hard week last week, being crook earlier this week and it being 34 degrees when I set off, I never expected to set the world on fire with todays run. But to be honest, I did expect a little better than a 6.11 average but my legs were just dead. I did force a 5.28 last k which is mildly acceptable. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Desperately trying to rehydrate now ready for training tonight - it is going to be interesting.

3 comments:

Don Juan said...

I call them rest days. All part of the big plan.

Sometimes hard to squeeze everything in: biking, the main gig, hills, distance, speed and blogging.

Tesso said...

34 degrees - yikes! No excuses necessary.

Hilda said...

I just checked out your last post and saw that "run" over the mountains... it should have been an amazing view and an amazing effort...
Love your words today, "set the world on fire with todays run, there is always tomorrow".
Great to be able to read this reports, thanks for teaching so much!