Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rice & Cream

Nothing serious but after Wednesdays run I pulled up with a bit of a niggle. No not one of the Evil Gastroc Twins (for a change) - turns out they have an Ugly Step Sister!

Anyhoo - as discretion is the best part of cowardness I've decided to suspend the regular service until further notice for some unscheduled but much needed maintenance work - with a little luck I hope to resume limited service some time on the weekend and back to regular service early next week.

In the interim ice, Voltaren cream, the massage stick and my chiro/physio are my very best friends.

Candidly - I'm looking forward to the rest - no need to fret - I've done the work I needed to do, now my main priority is getting to the start line in one fit and healthy piece.

12 comments:

Cirque said...

I have no doubt that you'll be in tip top shape when you hit that start line 2P.

Don Juan said...

Plenty of time to rest up, enjoy the taper, and shape up for the track.
Keep us updated.

Stephen Lacey said...

How long to go?

Hope that niggle comes good. You are blessed with more common sense and forward thinking ability than the rest of us put together, so I'm sure you are giving yourself the best chance possible.

re your comment over at my place...funny, I was just reading about the 305. Didn't even realize they were coming. Nice looking bit of gear. I have to feign disinterest though ;-)

Hilda said...

Good desicion, so close to the race. Hope it gets better soon.
Rest your mind too, it helps all the body. This is going to make you stronger.

Tesso said...

Rats, I thought this was gonna be a post about food!

Funny how we start getting all these niggles close to a big race. Best thing is you can rest, the hard yakka's done.

TA and the Gnome said...

Geez 2P, what's a bloke gotta do to get some rest... :-) Glad you're doing it sensibly.

Gnome

Katie said...

Sounds like your body just making sur you taper!! You are so right... you have put in all the hard work and you wil;l definately be there ready to go in a few weeks! Cant wait to cheer you across the finish! Go 2P!!!

Spud said...

When I read the title of your latest blog 2P, I thought "long run and rice cream" hmmm.. not quite what I expected. Take it easy mate, just the bodys way of telling you to TAPER!

Hard work's done, rest up.

miners said...

Sensible as always 2P! A you've said, you've done the hard yards and just need to be in cotton wool from now on.

Spark Driver said...

Not long now till the 11th of March. Stay safe.

Bernie G said...

Looks like our training patterns are very similiar. As you know all the work has been done, there really is not anything that can be achieved now. See you soon.

D said...

What is Voltaren Cream? Your plan is great - rest etc - and your attitude is awesome.