Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yeah Right

Today Total: 2km
Week Total: 8km
Month Total: 2km
Year Total: 1001.4km

Certainly not the start to October I had been planning but at least I've finally got past the 1000km mark.

What a day! Trying to get the house all gussied up for "Grandma's" funeral day on Tuesday (want to go to Bathurst on Monday for Bec's birthday) I drew garden and lawn duty plus some other sundry chores which we got done just in time to give me a 40 minute window of opportunity before the grand-final started and the family arrived for dinner. I figured a quick 5k's a shower and I'd be sitting in front of the tele with dinner on my knee and telling the kids to "shoosh" cause the footy's on.

I headed out the door with the intention of doing a lap of Concord Golf Course but it didn't take long to realise I was more dehydrated than I had reckoned, my mouth and throat quickly became parched but I decided to push on. But when my upper back started to spasm I figured life the universe and everything was trying to tell me something so I hit the stop button on the Garmin tucked my tail between my legs and wandered home.

On the bright side the Tigers won and Maddie the youngest of the grand-kids when giving out kisses to say goodbye said "Pop" for the first time as she leaned forward - big, big smiles from me and a tear from Mrs 2P (coincidentaly something must have irritated my eye around the same time) and a warm glow for the rest of the night.

No comments: