Thursday, October 27, 2005

Test? - Pass!

Today Total: 7k
Week Total: 9k
Month Total: 129k
Year Total: 1128.4k

Yay - I'm back running.

When I got home from work today I mowed the lawns. My right calf was a bit "grabby" at first but by the time I got to the front lawn (I always do the back first) it had warmed up and felt great.

So I decided to tempt the running Gods and head out on a run. I did the first k ultra conservatively in a 6.40 pace but it all felt good and I ran strongly for the next 4k. Obviously the enforced break was a good thing because I was running at a fair clip for me (about 5.30 pace).

I deliberately slowed for the 6th and 7th k. My calf started to tighten up in the last k and with the benefit of hind sight this run was 1k too long. But hey - I'm as happy as. The combination of ice, cold baths, constant compression and voltaren rapids has resulted in one of the quickest recoveries I've ever experienced.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thats fantastic news!!!! I feel like I should sacrafice a virgin to the Gods haha
Thanks for your EXCELLENT post! I am going to print that out and read it whenI feel sorry for myself! It was just what I needed to hear :)
I hope the calf stays good!!

Jen said...

Fantastic news TP. Very glad to hear that you are back on the road.

Thank you for your comment on my blog last night. I love it - I've printed it out and stuck it next to my monitor here at work. Thanks again.

J.

miners said...

Fantastic news 2P! Great to see the recovery plan can be just as succesful as a race plan

Wobbly man said...

Well done 2P! Just don't go telling Mrs Wobbly about your warm up technique!