Friday, October 14, 2005

Retail Therapy

Today Total: 6km
Week Total: 30km (my running week is Monday to Sunday)
Month Total: 62km
Year Total: 1061.4km

As a spur of the moment decision I dropped into a Rebel between appointments today and what a wonderful thing it was. $410.00 later I had a new pair of Asics Nimbus (finally they had my size), a Skins sleeveless top (to see if it makes any difference to my back), a set of Linebreak Calf Guards (basically Skins for below the knees), some Bodyglide and enough Gu to stock the Sixth Fleet.

Got home and couldn't wait to give the new shoes a try so it was off for a quick 6k around Canada Bay. I have finally found MY shoe, they are the cats meow as far as my feet are concerned. Being new I got hotspots on the balls of my feet around 5k but apart from that I've never run in a more comfy shoe - happy, happy, joy, joy.

I am really glad in hindsight that I pushed to do a run yesterday because even though I am a bit sore today my pace was back to normal.

Off to training tonight and I am going to give the Linebreaks a whirl. I didn't wear them on the run because I have a sneaking suspicion that unless you use something to keep them up they will slip down. The start/stop nature of training makes it more conducive to pulling em back up than running. I could be wrong, maybe they'll stick but didn't want to risk it running. If they do fall down I guess I could always try the old footy trick of wrapping the top with a bit of stretchy electricians tape.

Off to see Bec in Bathurst this weekend so unlikely I will get a long run in but I'm pretty happy with this weeks effort so far.

No comments: