Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Canberra 1

Today Total: 6km
Week Total: 6km
Month Total: 38km
Year Total: 1037.4km

Off to Canberra again for work and got in just in time to be able to fit in a 6k run, a shower, get dressed and be ready for a dinner appointment.

From Rydges Capitol Hill I did the "usual" run down through Telopea Park to the lake and then head off to the West (clockwise). It's about 1.5k to the lake from Rydges so only 1.5k on the lake before turning around. I must say after reading the close encounters of other CR's with ducks recently (Hijacking Thread) I was a little nervous but as it turns out the ducks and geese in our fair nations capital were on their best behaviour as I trundled past them.

It was 31 degrees when I left South-West Sydney, but only 18 when I arrived in Canberra so altogether much more conducive to running. The only slight hiccup was a pretty stiff Westerly wind which I was running into the teeth of on the out journey but was mercifully at my back on the return.

Fastest 6k I've done in ages though the calf muscles are giving me some gyp. Let's see how I go in the morning....

No comments: