Sunday, October 09, 2005

Gwandy

Today Total: 16.6km
Week Total: 30km
Month Total: 32km
Year Total: 1031.4km

Late Friday night we headed up to Gwandalan for some much needed R&R. The lawns were well overdue for a mow (does that count as a training session?) so that was pretty much Saturday gawn.

Got up this morning and headed for a longer run. I was still feeling a bit flat so made a conscious decision to walk the first 100m of every kilometre. It turned out to be a good decision as I was only capable of an extremely slow pace from the 8k mark onwards. Whilst I struggled a bit I really enjoyed the section I did along a fire trail in the Munmorah Rec Park. It was a bit windy but the views of the ocean and the park were worth it - for a couple of k's I was definitely in my happy place.

Pulled up with a bit of calf trouble - that will teach me for spruiking how I had overcome my calf drama's. Bugger!

No comments: