Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Canberra 2

Today Total: 10km
Week Total: 16km (my running week is Monday to Sunday)
Month Total: 48km
Year Total: 1047.4km

After yesterdays quicker run I was all keen and eager to do something longer this morning as long as the calf muscles agreed. I beat the alarm and sprung out of bed at 0530 - so keen I forgot to give any thought to what the temperature might be.

Heading down to the lake the first k was a bit of a struggle as I was concerened my fingers were about to drop off from frostbite (OK slight exaggeration). The recent temperature in Sydney had certainly lulled me into forgetting how bloody cold it can be in the morning in Canberra. I soon warmed up though and chased the the big yellow Questacon balloon as it sailed (?) over the lake.

I pulled a negative split for the back 5k which put me in a happy mood for the rest of the day :-)

No comments: