Sunday, October 30, 2005

Big Saving

Today Total: 21k
Week Total: 36k
Month Total: 156k
Year Total: 1155.4k

Well daylight saving is upon us and I managed to save twice as much as everyone else. Yep! Somehow I managed to put the clock forward 2 HOURS....... Have I ever mentioned in these rambles what a numnuts I can be?

Turns out I was up and about at 4.30am and by the time I realised my goof I thought what the hell let's do it anyway. It was a very sultry 21.6 degrees already and so I figured it was a blessing in disguise.

I repeated the "Roller Coaster" (see elevation profile and map from 3 posts back). What a fantastic run. I'm chuffed as. I managed to run all the hills for the first time in 5 attempts, my only walks being my mandatory 6, 12 & 18k 1 minute walk breaks to take on Gu or Mountain Bread with peanut butter.

It was a very humid morning with some light showers. Looking out to sea it was very misty and inclement looking and I had a chuckle as I recalled the words George from Seinfeld used whilst hamming up the story of saving the whale "the sea was angry that day my friends".

The early start was a blessing as it is absolutely bucketing down now, looks like a lazy lake day ahead, tough but someone has to do it :-)

Fingers crossed and touching wood, it looks like I've pulled up injury free.

3 comments:

Jen said...

2P - fantastic news and what sounds like a fantastic day for you.

Just think - with all that rain, you are going to need to mow the lawn again very soon :-)

J

Tesso said...

Man, what a week you've had! Glad to see you've come out the other end in one piece.

Katie said...

Yoda... glad to hear the calfs are doing the right thing! I love seinfeld....thats given me an idea for the night ahead ( never sick of seinfeld dvd's- especially kramer!)

f you want to give te calfs a bit of a bashing after youi long run... great to get rid of any knots... put a tennis ball under your calf and roll your leg over it with pressure until you find a sore spot :)