Monday, October 24, 2005

Bugger

Today Total: 2km's
Week Total: 2km's
Month Total: 122km's
Year Total: 1121.4km's

1.158km into tonights run I ran awkwardly off a gutter and popped my right calf muscle. After the initial kerfuffle I managed a shuffle limp (7.45 pace) back to 2k's then hobbled the last bit home.

I'm miffed but optomistic, though it's too early to tell yet how bad it is. I've now iced, nurofened and it feels pretty snug in a compression bandage. I'm pretty confident I can get back running in a few days. Will ice again tonight and get some voltaren rapids. Obviously no training tonight either.

My chin feels good but :-)

5 comments:

Katie said...

I will cross everything for you :) Sounds like you did all the right things!z

Jen said...

Oh no :-( My fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery.

This wasn't your way of getting out of the CC Half so you could avoid meeting me, was it ;-)

J.

miners said...

oh geez mate - hope it's just an incidental type injury and nothing too serious. Take it easy though won't you?

Jen said...

Hi TP.

How is your calf going? My fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery for you.

J.

Unknown said...

Hope the injury isn't serious, 2P - it happens so easily & quickly! Look after your poor old leg!