Wednesday, October 05, 2005

That's More Like It

Today Total: 7km
Week Total: 7km
Month Total: 9km
Year Total: 1008.4km

After Sunday's false start to the month it was good to get a run in that is half-way decent.

On Monday my back was in all sorts of drama's, particularly my left shoulder and a drive to Bathurst and back in the one day was not really very high on my "most what I'd like to do with my day" list. However, it was right on top of my "what I want to do with Bec list" - it was also number one on Mrs 2P's list even though she was still grieving big time (she is an amazing lady and I love her heaps and heaps). Ex-Mrs 2P was gracious and welcoming and let us join in on a lovely family morning-tea with Bec and then we took her out for lunch. We got her back in time for her friends to start arriving for her "official" celebration - a party for 14 X 14 yr olds (7 of which were sleeping over) and Mrs 2P and me headed back to Sydney.

Tuesday was funeral day and a bloody long day it was too. The service in Concord kicked off right on time at 10:00am, the wake at the Dolce Cafe at Cabarita Junction went without a hiccup and we headed off to Cessnock for the burial. We were having a bad day, but for some others it was worse, there was a fatal accident on the F3 which held us up slightly on the way up - unfortunately it held us up big time on the way back with the Police not opening the South-bound lanes till 6:00pm.

I had planned to work today but when we got home on Tuesday night (eventually) we discovered that Chiara's (No-1 grand daughter that is currently living with us) bird (a Peach Face thingee) had died during the day so we hid the cage and diverted her attention. The priority task for me and Mrs 2P today was to go bird shopping! We couldn't find one that was a "ringer" for the late "Jimmy" but fortunately Mrs 2P had a wave of inspiration - get 2 birds!!! When Chiara came home this arvo she was so over-the-moon that we had got "Jimmy" a mate, she completely failed to recognise that it wasn't "Jimmy" - catastrophy thankfully averted.

At around 6:00pm all was cool and froody on the home front so I headed out for a run around Canada Bay, I didn't quite make it to Breakfast Point because I bailed early and cut through Massey Park Golf Course and back home. I was happy with only 7k as I had to go to training tonight, but I am really looking forward to doing something over 10k. I'm never really satisfied with anything shorter!

No comments: