Thursday, October 13, 2005

Slow 8k & A Close Encounter

Today Total: 8km
Week Total: 24km (my running week is Monday to Sunday)
Month Total: 56km
Year Total: 1055.4km

Well I am putting my mantra to the test "this is the new expectation legs so get used to it". As can be seen from previous posts I haven't been doing too many K's of late so the efforts of the last 6 days or so though modest have left my legs weary, particularly since my non-running workouts last Friday night and Wednesday were savage on my legs too. The sensible thing would have been for a day of recovery, but hey who says you have to get wiser as you get older?

I headed off for my Canada Bay/Breakfast Point run around 7:00pm, all was going well till I ran through a soccer ground I have run through a gazillion times before, I ran through a gate I have run through a gazillion times before, only this time due to the stirling efforts of the local council there was a chain strung at quad height across the gate.... I was more concerned that someone may have seen me than at the pain or surprise. Before I even hit the ground I had visions of me appearing on Silliest Home Video or some such. Once I sorted myself out I had to laugh as I'd actually headed off on the run because I had had an ordinary day and I was trying to clear my head, the fall (I did a really neat sommersault) made me realise that when things seem bad there are always worse things and no doubt many people had had a worse day than me.

Anyways I kept plodding and got through 8k in almost a record slow time, but I'm happy with it.

No comments: