Friday, October 07, 2005

Planning Day

Today Total: 6.4km
Week Total: 13.4km
Month Total: 15.4km
Year Total: 1014.8km

After chatting last night on CR it dawned on me that I really haven't a clue what I'd like to do next. I'm not really motivated by races or doing stuff with other people but occasionally I emerge if there is something that takes my fancy.

The Grand Dame of CR (Lucky Legs) is organising the Six Foot Track - The Slow Version (6' TSV) for the last weekend in November and it really appeals, but unfortunately it clashes with a Bec weekend so I need to set my sights on something else, enter the Tuggerah Half (4th December) - perfect. It appeals because it is not far from the lake house and timing wise it is roughly half way to next years official 6' and training for the half will keep me in nick till I start my prep for 6'.

So that is that: Tuggerah Half in December; a possible maybe on a stretch of the C2K Fatass if it happens the following week and Six Foot in March '06 - Lock it in Eddie! Beyond that I have a vague idea that an Ultra of some description would be a good thing to do.

Today armed with a new plan I took off round the Canada Bay Loop with a goal of getting into double figures, it was sprinkling and a bit windy and after 3k's I was gawn. It seems the events of the last couple of weeks combined with Wednesday's double session and bugger all sleep have taken their toll so I just backed the pace right off (I even walked for a bit) and doddled home. I'm weary but I'm not too-phased (I will somehow have to make it through tonights session as I'm taking a class) but I'm confident that with some good sleep I will bounce back - after all I now have a plan :-)

No comments: