Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Recovery Mode

Today Total: 7km
Week Total: 19km
Month Total: 81km
Year Total: 1080.4km

Well I finally managed to get out of bed this morning when the alarm went off but the DOMS in my arms and shoulders was exquisit - in a peverse way I actually don't mind it, but that combined with some general tightness in my calf muscles had me thinking that a "slowy" was in order.

Plodded off around the usual route doing the first 2k at an extremely lazy pace and even that hurt a fair bit, picked up the pace for the third kilometer and then backed right off for the rest.

Like the saying goes - "the pain is mandatory, the suffering is optional". I'm happy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hehe. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels that way about our mate DOMS :-)

J.