Friday, September 07, 2007

Legs Of Stone

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 23k
Month Total: 29k
Year Total: 805k

Geez I wish the running gods would listen properly - it was legs of STEEL I was asking for!!!

I had a brief window of opportunity yesterday so I decided to fill it with my first session core strength exercises for quite some time - 5 sets of 30 push-ups (knuckles, palms, hands turned in, up on finger tips and one fast set [not quite up to clap-ups yet]), 5 sets of 50 tum exercises (crunchers, cross-overs, full sit-ups, leg extensions and a slow set) and 5 sets of reverse leg raises for the lower back. I then got on the stepping machine to make up 20 mins of exercise.

Suffice it to say it was a sore and frumpy 2P who headed out for a run today - I battled my way around 8k in 50.41 @ 6.20 average pace. My legs weren't sore as such they just felt heavy and lifeless.

I actually started to feel better over the last 2k and briefly thought about going further but discretion played the better part of valour and I called it a day.

10 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Moderation in all things my son! Moderation!! Sheeshh... :-)

Gnome (who is often just a little *too* moderate in his exercise :-) )

speedygeoff said...

er .. according the "the score so far" you may be doing better than the last couple of Septembers then?

Tesso said...

I will test how well those core exercises are going when I give you a punch in the belly at the Lindt Cafe get-together (which you MUST organise next week .... or it will be two punches when I do see you).

Superflake said...

I guess this burst of training could be termed as the start of training for Six Foot. No need to be fast at all yet. Just have to build back your 300-400k month base for the race.

Ewen said...

You lost me after "5 sets".

Simlin said...

model comeback so far 2P...keep it up!

Unknown said...

A "sore & frumpy" 2P!! This cannot be!

Samurai Running said...

I always thought you had "rocks in your head" for doing 6ft track, now you got the legs to match!

Unknown said...

louis vuitton
brash abridged the bulk of international, but aswell makes the Louis vuitton bags
actualization absolute adapted from acclimatized brands, even louis vuitton handbags
to match, can not bristles the lv
out of the actualization.

Unknown said...

hy the hermes Costs So Much Money?I was recently reading an article about Victoria Beckham’s style, and one of the things mentioned was her hermes belt collection. The article also stated that she pays tens of thousands of dollars for hermes wallet ! I guess that’s like pocket change for posh spice, but it made me think about the obscene price of these bags and why this is so.



The genuine Breitling Watches of unique design prove their value by the excellent quality, function and style. Breitling Windrider
are second to none for you to realize your dream of luxury touch. Most people find it difficult to pay for Bentley 6.75
. Luckily, there are other methods to obtain Bentley Motors with less money. That is to buy Breitling watches offered by online stores. They are exactly the same with the real timepieces.