Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bagpipes & Keys

Today Total: 7k
Week Total: 12k
Month Total: 49k
Year Total: 825k

With the cold South-Westerly blowing I dug out one of my old Bertoni thermals from my bushwalking days for tonights run - I would be glad I did.....

I took off wondering what would happen tonight after my last two ordinary attempts - went through 4k feeling fine but then over the next k I started to feel congested again and my pace slowed considerably.

At 5k I stopped the clock and began to cough - I coughed so hard I started to dry wretch but eventually something the size of a golfball came up and out - a bit more coughing and I was ready to run again and ambled home the last 2k without much drama.

Went to unlock the door and bugger, bugger, bugger I had taken the wrong key - nothing for it but to huddle as much out of the wind as I could till Mrs 2P got home about 50mins later - by which stage my lungs had filled up with crap again and I was wheezing like a deflated set of bagpipes.

I must have a low grade cold/infection that I wasn't really even aware of?!?

6 comments:

Ewen said...

That's better than sounding like an inflated set of bagpipes.

Get well soon mate.

Stephen Lacey said...

You call a golf ball size chunk of phlegm a low-grade infection? I think you better see the quacker tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't use your spare key, a brick located somewhere nearby.

I'm with Stephen, it' doesn't sound like a low grade anything to me, probably shouldn't be running.

Clairie said...

2P go and see a doctor!!!

I was feeling very well but had a cough and my lungs were very heavy. I didn't have any sore muscles and my head was fine.

I ended up on the verge of pnenomia (?) without realising it and being 7 months prego it was very hard to get rid of then.

After a few courses of antibiotics I was fantastic again in a short period of time.

Rest up and don't do too much.

To assist with reducing any phlegm drink up to 5L of water a day - I tried to but can you imagine the amount of trips to the loo that meant I had to take in my condition!!!

Take care and keep us updated.
x

Spud said...

Get yourself sorted, go see a quack, I men doc :P
All the best Scott, get well soon.

Bennyr said...

I had a long wait in the cold on Sunday, and I've been snotty ever since.

Take care of yourself, 2P.