Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Bit Further

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 24k
Month Total: 102k
Year Total: 878k

The leggies felt a little weary after the quicker effort last night so I decided on something a little slower but hopefully a bit longer tonight.

I set off with the intention of running 10k in sub 62mins which is what I did. All up 10k in 61.31 @ 6.09 average.

It was a very even paced run but I did struggle a touch on the hilly(ish) 9th k - it sure doesn't take much to get my breathing all out of shape.

I'm pretty pleased with my progress to date but I could live without all the bugs I collected and swallowed tonight - it isn't just Spring in the air! Fortunately I'm not vegetarian.

Ouch factor on the war wound even higher today but no puss to report sorry Ewen :-)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Funny catching up on your blog. He he. Puss and stuff. Nice.
Glad you're getting the running legs back :)

undercover brother said...

pleased to see some steady progress mate.
like the war wound!
makes u feel tough dunnit!
well for the 1st day then it just hurts and is annoying ;)

Stephen Lacey said...

Is good! Train don't strain. Steady as she goes.

Tanks for the comment on mine. The B complex might be a worth pursuing. Mg I think is probably OK.

miners said...

well now isn't that weird - the bugs have only just appeared up here on Tuesday night as well ...

I actually thought you might be short enough to slip under the clouds of them that seem to congregate at my ear/nose/throat height

Tesso said...

No puss? What about dogs ;-)

Ewen said...

Damn. I was hoping for Brain Dead-like gore.

Congrats on the double figures :)