Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Plan 49C & Half A Bag Of Cement

Today Total: 8k
Week Total: 8k
Month Total: 140k
Year Total: 1624k

After a hard nights training and only three and half hours sleep (long story) I felt a bit scratchy this morning and it took me a bit longer to get out the door than it should have.

I had planned to run the same hilly (kinda) 12k loop I did last Tuesday - but running late for work wasn't an option today and the prediction is for hot windy conditions this arvo so I compromised by still taking in part of the loop - hence some hills - but shortening it to 8k.

The first k across the wet grass was heavy going and when the first split kicked over in 5.57 I wasn't expecting too much from the run - but then running the dirt and broken bitumen trail uphill second k I started to feel much stronger and the pins were sans the fatigue they normally feel up this section - through in 5.45 - hmmm.

Down the hill and onto the flat I was running more freely than I have in months - I can't remember the rest of the splits exactly and as I'm blogging via cackleberry from the pool I'm not about to look em up :-) but they were all between 5.15 and 5.30.

The last 2k undulate a bit (nothing special) and I had to dig a bit on the hills - but it was there to be dug which was a relief. I really didn't expect to run this quickly today after Sundays slog - but it shows to go ya that the hills and the weight loss are having an impact.

BTW on the weight loss front I am down to 91kgs flat from 101.6kgs on 4/10 - living on less tham 20gms of carbohydrate per day has been tough at times and it has meant I've bonked badly on some of my runs, but the results are there.

All up 8k in 44.21 - av 5.33 - including the first 2 slower k's. Exit whistling with a plan to get more sleep tonight :-)

15 comments:

Martin said...

10 kgs in 6 weeks wtf did you do chop a leg off! :)

Clairie said...

Heh Whistling Dixie, thats a massive effort, well done!! Another few weeks and you won't be able to walk over anymore manholes - for fear of slipping in!

Ellie80 said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again - bloody amazing!!

miners said...

Fantastic pace mate - you've well and truly come back now (in case the superb weight loss wasn't enough of an indication!)

love the casual mention of doing your blogging by the pool - must try that myself ...

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just wondering yesterday when reading about your Sunday long run how the weight loss has been going. Good stuff. Only half a bag to go. So which meal do you have those 20g of carbohydrate with? That would be what, half a piece of toast? Pretty dedicated dieting...

The Anonymous Blogger, aka Steve L

R2B said...

Oh 2P!

thats a full on weight loss!
you strike me as someone with pretty good mental control though...hope some will rub off on me reading your blog when i can!

R2B

R2B said...

Oh i just read on Lulu's blog you are thinking of doing Otford to Bundeena?

Looking forward to seeing you if i can make it.

R2B

TA and the Gnome said...

Hmmm.... Just done the maths. At this rate, by March you will have disappeared completely :-) :-)

Good to see that things are coming together. Going to burn up the bitumen at the CR5k on Saturday?

Gnome

TD said...

I agree very much with what the others have said. I have been following and enjoying your blog during the year, 2P, and know you have had some real struggles at times. But you are making some tremendous gains and it is very inspiring.

Ewen said...

10kg! Geez 2P, you must be able to follow your courses by the trail of cement dust. I'll be nervously waiting for the results of your next 5k race.

Stephen Lacey said...

Sorry mate, this is atest post just to see if I can post under my blogger identity. I seem to have succeeded in doing so on Tesso's and Clairie's blogs, but perhaps the difference is that theirs are blogger blogs and yours is a blogspot blog. I think that was a record for the number of times the word "blog" was used in a single sentence.

Stephen Lacey said...

Nope, it worked. Must be that blogger has fixed up that part of beta. All Hail Lord Google. I'll stop pestering you now.

running uphill said...

Hey 2P great effort on the weight loss and the running times. Thanks also for more good advice on my blog!

Jen said...

What they (^) said ;-)

Tesso said...

Well done on the weight loss 2P. So what are you substituting for carbs? Are you consuming less calories?

Nice work on that run too.