Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just Circulating

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 18k
Month Total: 150k
Year Total: 1634k

Finally got around to taking the 305 to work - too lazy to take laptop home and for whatever reason I've never loaded TC onto my home PC - anyhoo here is the elevation profile of Sundays run (you will see why I call it the Roller Coaster).

Gwandy

Woke up with a few aches and pains this morning - a bit of DOMS from Monday nights session - I also suspect I'm not drinking enough H2O - on the bright side I got over 6 hours sleep last night which is double Monday night.

I eased myself into this mornings run like an old man getting into an over-hot bath ie very slowly - and just like an over-hot bath I never really felt comfortable for the duration.

Fortunately I decided to take a water bottle and I was sucking on it like a kid with a thickshake - in fact by 6k I needed a top-up confirming my dehydration theory - over winter I've got out of the habit of having a water bottle as my constant companion at work - it's a habit I'm going to have to get back into - starting today!

I was pretty content just to run at "whatever" pace today - the first 2k were slow 6.30's and then the next 8 all hovered around the 6 minute mark to give me 10k in a bit over 61 minutes.

That'll do :-)

9 comments:

Ellie80 said...

now i want a thickshake. bugger. nice pace for a 'woteva' run :)

miners said...

love the metaphors mate - i can just see you sweating in the steaming bath with the milkshake in one hand and the cackleberry in the other :)

Ewen said...

Did you have ropes for that run? No wonder there were 8 minute and over kms!

Isn't it amazing how 'whatever' pace would give you a 4 and a half hour 6'!

Tesso said...

Seeing the temps you guys had today I can't imagine doing anything faster than "whatever" pace.

Cirque said...

You sound like you've been Svenned!

miners said...

lordy! Just saw the elevation graph of that run :o

What made it even more shocking was that when reading your post it sounded like you were describing your trip into work ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice name for the course and yep, water's important.

Lulu said...

Yikes, that looks like a serious bit of mountaineering there.

Clairie said...

Excellent graph 2P. No idea what it means aside from you love hills....but bloody excellent graph. :)))