Friday, November 10, 2006

Mr Jelly Legs

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 25k
Month Total: 63k
Year Total: 1546k

Mona's Fartlek today. Gawd what a session - I went out too hard and paid the price as the average pace per fart below shows - they're also a dogs breakfast in terms of consistency. Some of the uneveness was due to terrain and at times a strong head wind but it is still too big a variance in average pace.

2 x 1.30 farts @ 4.33 & 4.57
4 x 1.00 farts @ 4.37, 4.47, 4.58 & 4.54
4 x 0.30 farts @ 4.59, 5.00, 4.54 & 4.26
4 x 0.15 farts @ 4.22, 4.57, 5.11 & 5.26

As you can see I had absolutely nuffin left for the last 2 x 15 second efforts. My float pace was just as all over the place but generally it started off at around 5.50 pace and got down to around 6.30.

All up I covered 2.09k for 10mins of farting and 1.60k for 10mins of floats for a total of 3.69km in 20mins (av 5.26). Very slow by comparison to workouts earlier in the year but at least I now have a new benchmark by which to measure progress.

Rest day tomorrow :-)

13 comments:

running uphill said...

Too many beans?

Tesso said...

Better jelly legs than jelly belly :-)

Sounds like a tough session alright. If I didn't hate pain so much I'd give it a go one day.

blues buffett said...

"And time takes it's toll as we head for the poll
and no-one dies from physical fitness".

Except perhaps doing crazy fartlek training on uneven ground. Maybe you're growing older but not up? I know I am. There's quite a few Oz parrotheads the same.

Ewen said...

It looks like the last two were 'follow throughs' rather than 'farts'. Or maybe you were running through wet cement?

Spark Driver said...

Well done on getting out and getting it done.

Now hwo are you calling a criminal??

Samurai Running said...

At the risk of sounding like "mother" you should make sure you're getting enough sleep. If you're not rested it can play havoc with your consistency.

I had a couple of shockers during the week after staying up to watch the results of the U.S. election.

I couldn't even "follow through" like Ewen said.

Superflake said...

At least you got out there and did it. And you'll be better next time.

CJ said...

A new benchmark for farting?!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lackof consistency in times - its always hard starting these types of runs.

You're doing more than me at the moment. Only 119 days to go - eek!

R2B said...

Thats awesome!
Now you have a benchmark you really can be satisfied as you get fitter and put those old times to bed!

R2B

Becky O said...

Thanks very much for the link to your Coastal Classic report on CR. I found it really useful and have already started puting together my own strategies. Now to just convince someone to be lap scorer :)

Good luck with the training for CC half.

Unknown said...

With 'farts' like those, 2P, I'm staying way ahead of you!

miners said...

Still a pretty damn solid effort mate, farts notwithstanding

TD said...

An excellent session there, 2P, and not necessarily an inconsistent one. Those last 2X15 showed you really put in. You would have got great training value from the overall effort.