Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Blame CJ

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 16k
Year Total: 1500k

After feeling elated after last nights fartlek I quickly moved on to inspired when later I read CJ's account of her Mt Taylor run yesterday morning - ta CJ :-)

I've been struggling with the whole concept of AM runs since commencing running - I mean when your runs leave you feeling like you've just done 10 rounds with Ali it's frankly not the most appealing way to start your day.

But now I are feeling much more gooder after runs and after reading through my blog archives for Jan/Feb/Mar this year I knew it was time for me to start leaping out of bed early if I am to succesfully build up for that little trail gig in March.

Well in practice I kind of rolled out of bed and staggered to my running 'green room' where the pre-prepared thermos was waiting - but at least I was up ;-) a bit dubious about running twice in 12 hours but the pins were feeling remarkably fresh.

Deciding to keep it sensible (see I can, I can) I just ran out for 3k along the forehore at 6min pace and return.

All up 6k in 35.56 - nice recovery Mav (ok Miners name that movie).

12 comments:

Spark Driver said...

The hardest thing about those early AM runs is getting out of bed. Once it is done though I feel a great sense of accomplishment for the rest of the day.

Simlin said...

Your a Goose 2P!

Rachel said...

I feel so happy reading about you comeback. Such big improvements in the last week. Its fantastic. March is looking good :)

Lulu said...

She's got a lot to answer for that CJ. Too busy to read blogs these days though.. it's all that training she does.

Ellie80 said...

good on you! the morning is the best time for running! beautiful cool air, sunrise, tranquility... bit dark again with the daylight savings business though...

TA and the Gnome said...

I thought todays run would have been better described as a 'cruise'.

Good to see you enjoying yourself.

TA

Samurai Running said...

Hey 2P

I read on someones blog a quote by comedian Rita something or other, (can never remember the details).
something along the lines of ....If morning runners knew how tempting they looked to morning drivers they would just stay at home and do sit ups instead.

Best to keep to the tracks in the morning.

Tesso said...

Mornings are for running. Afternoons are for The Bold & The Beautiful.

D said...

2P - you are so smart!

blues buffett said...

Once you get out of bed, it's great. I just need about 25 min to get ready and motivated. I find spring/summer early morning running brilliant.
I find the opposite during winter, and try where possible to go at lunchtime...

miners said...

back to the early morning starts?!? Good work mate - you can be my wingman anytime :)

Clairie said...

No you can be mine!!
HEE HEE, that was a follow on from Miners.

Good to see you are much more gooder these days :)