Saturday, November 18, 2006

My Name Is Earl

Today Total: 7k
Week Total: 27k
Month Total: 106k
Year Total: 1590k

Sorry to give so many of you a headache with my last post but karma got me back by inflicting a dose of the plague upon me.

By Wednesday night my schnoz was running like a tap. I spent Thursday in bed and by Friday my face felt like someone had taken an angle grinder to my nose and rubbed my lips back with a brick - to cap it all off I'm certain some bastard sandblasted my throat when I was asleep - in all my born days my nose has never leaked so much.

Anyhoo as violent as it was it was relatively short lived as when I awoke this morning I was feeling much brighter. I really didn't think I'd be running today but after I finished mowing the lawns and felt pretty good  (I'm up the lake) Mrs 2P announced she was going shopping so I thought what the hey I'll chance it.

Mrs 2P dropped me up on the Pacific Highway and I made my way back home along the gently undulating trails of Crangan Bay. I felt surprisingly fresh and strong and if anything kept holding myself back so as not to spoil tomorrows long run. I can still feel a bit of the lurgy there but it doesn't seem to be interfering too much - so far so good :-)

The other news is my replacement garmin turned up so this was my first run with Garmy Mk11 - I suspect we are going to become very good friends.

All up 7k in 40.38 (av 5.48).

5 comments:

Ewen said...

A mate of mine is a good plumber.

Don't give Garmy Mk11 a headache now, will you ;)

Lulu said...

Glad to see the plague hasn't kept you down for long.

miners said...

ah, karma. Hope you've since wrestled it into submission

How funny was Joy the other night? Has to be one of the best TV characters since Seinfeld

Jen said...

I'm glad to see that one of us is feeling better :-)

Simlin said...

Loved the previous techy post.