Thursday, November 23, 2006

Getting Stronger

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 28k
Month Total: 160k
Year Total: 1644k

I didn't really feel like this today but I pushed myself back out the door after getting home from work today for another Mona's Fartlek.

Pretty happy with it as I was much stronger at the back end (probably not the best choice of words considering this was fartlek :-) ) than I was a fortnight ago as the splits below indicate - last fortnights splits are in brackets for the purposes of comparison.

2 x 1.30 efforts @ 4.25 (4.33) & 4.55 (4.57)
4 x 1.00 efforts @ 4.51 (4.37), 4.41 (4.47), 4.41 (4.58) & 4.47(4.54)
4 x 0.30 efforts @ 4.18 (4.59), 4.22 (5.00), 4.17 (4.54) & 4.30 (4.26)
4 x 0.15 efforts @ 4.05 (4.22), 4.32 (4.57), 3.56 (5.11) & 4.03 (5.26)

With the exception of the 1st 1 minute effort and the last 30 second effort all splits were faster than a fortnight ago - the floats were also much more consistent.

All up I covered 2.18k (2.09k) for 10mins of efforts and 1.67k (1.60k) for 10mins of floats for a total of 3.86km (3.69km) in 20mins at a total average pace of 5.11 (av5.26)..

The other good bit is I ran fairly strongly on the warm up and warm down as well for a grand total of 10k in 55.20 (av 5.32).

Rest day tomorrow :-)

11 comments:

running uphill said...

Hmm you must have some fancy gadget to give you all those stats 2P. Your improvement over the last while has been exciting to watch, wish I could say the same for my running. But it sounds like you have been working at it.

Unknown said...

Good for you, 2P...it must be tough to force yourself out after work; I've forgotten what that used be like. Retirement is a lovely way to spend an evening!

Superflake said...

Good one 2p. Love that Fartlek it always feels good when you can run quicker in the 2nd half of the session with the shorter efforts and floats.

Ewen said...

It depends on what you had for lunch ;)

That's a good session (and overall pace for the 10k). I think you need a big long run prior to the 5k challenge!

Tesso said...

You deserve a rest day after all that .... not from the running but from the stats correlation ;-)

Good luck in the CR Challenge. Hope you find somebody to stir up along the way.

Vicki said...

Enjoy your rest day - you've earned it!

Ellie80 said...

the back end of your fartlek was good indeed :)

miners said...

that ellie's a cheeky one

nice average pace 2P. It seems to be creeping downwards every time you step out the door!

Samurai Running said...

Hey 2P

I saw some of your PBs on Ewen's blog. They are really good. If you don't mind telling me how old were you when you did those? And how old are you now?

If your shy about that, just let me know if they were done BG "Before Garmin" or AG "After Garmin" and I can figure it out by myself.

Your build up is coming along swimmingly.

CJ said...

At least one of us is training! Hope to be able to get back into it very soon otherwise I'll go stark raving mad!

TD said...

This is fantastic news 2P and the J curve certainly seems to be heading in the right direction - all up!