Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ouch

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 47k
Year Total: 1531k

Geez I do some stupid things to myself and Saturday would have to be right up there amongst the best of em.

I don't think I pulled up as sore after doing the whole Six Foot track in March as I did after just 16k on the track on Saturday. Sunday saw the return of the crabmeister as I had to turn sideways to get down stairs and by Monday I could barely walk. Calves were the hardest hit but my quads were a pretty close second.

After hobbling around a bit yesterday I was significantly freer today and decided for a hit out. The next stupid thing I did was lock myself out of the front of my house this arvo so I had to leap a 6' colourbond fence to get in the back way. On landing I jarred my left calf but decided to run anyway.

It hurt all the way but the pain was managable I just hope I haven't done anything lasting. Only time will tell.

All up 10k in 57.09 - pretty happy with that considering my jarred calf, general leg soreness and that the wind was atrocious around the foreshore.

13 comments:

blues buffett said...

Good to see your recovery from a very hard Saturday run is swift. Not sure about your high jump/hurdle training though.
In answer to your question: I bought 2 caps, one for me and one for Mrs BB. She won't wear it as she thinks it's a little lairy and she walks, not runs. I bought another as a spare since they were wearing out. At least it's just an old one gone...

Tesso said...

Am I allowed to laugh :-)

Hey, great going on the 10k. Your times are starting to come down again. Next 5k Challenge should be impressive.

Ewen said...

You made your calves walk down stairs? I'm calling the RSPCA.

Superflake said...

Hope the calves recover well. The jumping of the fence will help your six ft hurdling when you cross megalong valley.

Gronk said...

Sounds like your enthusiasm might be your worst enemy right now 2P.

Simlin said...

Never let common sense get in the way of a good run I say.

Hilda said...

All in the name of improvement, let's say :)

Rachel said...

Ooh Ahhh! Well, it could have been worse I suppose.

Unknown said...

*shakes head* LOL I'm going to tell St Andrew! That'll take the attention off my bruised chin and knees! Genius. ;-)

miners said...

lol - nice one 2P. more buster keaton-esque runs are required over here. You're getting there ...

Lulu said...

Your injuries all seem to be non running related... exploding lawn mowers, falling off ladders and now high jumping. We'll need to get the bubble wrap out again at this rate.

Clairie said...

2P I thought you and I were the sensible ones.....now there is only me left!

Hope the calf has improved and no longer causing and grief.

running uphill said...

I knew your times would start to look better pretty quickly.