Sunday, May 28, 2006

Two Bays & A Dog

Today Total: 25k
Week Total: 40k
Month Total: 171k
Year Total: 1138k

I woke up before the alarm at about 0515 pretty keen to get out on the road but after getting up and mooching around for a bit I judged the back wasn't quite up to it. Reluctantaly I headed back to bed at 0630 (lol - only a runner would be disappointed) and slept for another couple of hours.

It was last day of moving duties and even though the back felt better after the new stretching exercises that St Andrew had given me (a sordid little number involving a bed and a pool noodle) it was an apprehensive 2P that loaded 2 wardrobes and a dresser onto the box trailer - fortunately the planets had aligned and Mrs 2P's two sons were available to do the unloading at the other end.

You can imagine how sad I was when I waved goodbye to everyone and found I was alone with a few hours to fill in and not a stick of furniture in sight to move. After another back stretching session it didn't take long for my mind to turn towards the possibility of a run. I can be very creative if left to my own devices :-)

So I headed out on a kind of low(ish) heartrate LSD. The plan was to keep my heartrate under 160 at all times and just run comfortably. As a concession to not running much lately I also negotiated with my ego for a 1 min walk break every 4k - I had wanted to walk every 20 minutes but my ego can be rather persuasive at times.

I followed the water around from Cape Cabarita to Canada Bay and then a road route to The Bay complete with the Dog Run detour and return - it was very pleasant running conditions on bright sunny Sydney day - happy 2P.

All up 25k in 2.35.38 (av 6.14) @ average HR of 154bpm.

Now to answer Tesso's question - mate the jury is out on that one! And DJ I hear you brother - I'm all for job creation and hired help - it's good for the economy!

Might even extend that concept to the yard *he says as he heads out to do the lawn mowing recovery session*

12 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for you. So pleased to hear that you are out running again :-) I think DJ's right - removalists are the way to go!

Cirque said...

Oooh 2P! Not sure I totally approve but I guess what's done is done.

You OK now mate?

Ewen said...

Just don't keep Plu in suspenders too long ;)

Great to hear the back is being good. Nothing worse than a bad back!

Tesso said...

I'm all for removalists. Then again, I'm all for mowing men too, I've never mowed a lawn in my life.

A happy 2P makes for a happy Tesso :-)

PS I can't wait to hear what the verdict is when the jury reconvenes.

miners said...

geez mate - good effort with the back the way it is. Are we over it yet?

Mandy said...

I have this hugr armoir that I need to move today...if you have time to hop a flight and swing by...

Stephen Lacey said...

2P great to see you get one under the belt. Hope it doesn't set back the back comeback.

Tesso: you like mowing men? I don't like the sound of that, but I reckon some of my hairier friends look like they could use a quick going over with the Flymow.

Steve's Stuff said...

Bad back, 25 km, 2.5 hours you're a trooper. Get the guys in next time.

Unknown said...

Be ever so careful of your back, 2P; hope it & the moving & mowing are OK now.

Don Juan said...

With all this removal work, they're trying to make a workhorse out of you, not a racehorse.

You've got to be in credit around the house until Christmas.

Jen said...

How ya going dude?

CJ said...

Actually we have a whole house full of furniture that will need moving ack to our 'new' house in a month or so - think you're up to it!!! Hope the back is feeling much better. Good run too, by the way - that's my sort of running.