Sunday, May 07, 2006

Part 2

LOL

Accidently pressed send (I'm blogging via email) on the previou while I was munching on my protein bar between runs so here is Part 2 - The Fun Run.

The start was just 200m from our place so I strolled down around 8.45am to register. There was a total of 117 entrants - about a half of them kids doing the 3k "short" course.

Lovely community atmosphere only lacking in the absence of the CR cheer squad. I luckily had packed my CR T-shirt so was able to fly the flag.

Given the length of my "warm-up" my goal wasn't really to race but to try and maintain my previous half marathon PB pace (5.12) for the 5.45k. The course is fairly hilly so I figured it would provide a good form guide for SMH.

Ended up finishing in 27.25 (av 5.02) @ av heartrate of 169bpm. I was pretty happy with it because I wasn't really pushing myself at any stage and despite the hilly nature of the course my heartrate never got much over 90%.

Caught up with CR and erstwhile Team J member Miss Gazelle and family at the finish - Miss G had a good one and finished 2nd female across the line, picking up a bottle of plonk for her efforts.

The $7.50 entrance fee also scored each participant a bacon and egg sanger, hash brown and a drink - how good is that?

Very enjoyable and unexpected format for my weekly long.

7 comments:

Superflake said...

Gotta love it! A cheap fun run and a snag for $7.50. It's all good mate. Trademark pending. Good workout for SMH with the hilly course.

Jen said...

Geez, I hope 16.55kms warm-ups don't get included in the Plan anytime soon ;-)

Sounds like a very lovely. Great run. The great lab rat experiment is paying dividends.

Lulu said...

You have to give the cheersquad notice if we are supposed to appear anywhere!

Sounds like a good local event and a good run.

Unknown said...

2P, in your blog on the right, you have a link that, if we are bored & have no real life(!!), we can click onto it! I did just that today for the first time & I was so interested I read everything once & some parts twice!!

I had no idea about the martial arts side of your life!! Don't laugh at me....but if there was one thing over past years that I've always wanted to learn, that was it!! I never got around to it but have never lost the interest in watching it when I can...which isn't often!

I found the "all about you" section of your blog a really interesting & fascinating read! Loved it!

Oh! for your recent post...good warm-up! I hope Ewen doesn't read it & implement the same into my program!!

Ewen said...

Sometimes I think my 2.5k warm-up is a bit long but your 16.55!

I can do LSD in my sleep 2P - (long sleepy distance). My recovery runs might serve as LSD... 45 minutes after all, is over twice as long as a 5k race. ;)

You can rest easily Luckylegs!

Don Juan said...

It's a big week for SMH 1/2 mileage. I like the monster warm ups.

I'm tipping you'll be the race director up at Gwandy for the inaugural Gwandy ultra.

Tesso said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.