Saturday, May 27, 2006

Easy Ten

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 15k
Month Total: 146k
Year Total: 1113k

Felt pretty good when I woke - though it is amazing how quickly one can get out of the habit of 0530 - if only giving up dim sims and potato chips was that easy!

Decided against the CR 5K this morning for 2 reasons. The first being that time was tight as I had to be at the Homebush Sports Centre at 0845 and the second was I didn't reckon there was much to be gained by flogging myself over 5k when I haven't been doing much running of late.

Somehow I've managed to misplace my heartrate monitor - the lazy bugger is probably off skulking with all my odd socks whinging about how unlucky it was to get a runner with the heartrate of an excited ferret. So I just took the first 6k out at a gentle pace at what I'm guessing was sub 80% and then kicked into 2nd gear for the last 4k.

Came home in 57.28 (av 5.45).

As for the back - a couple of mild twinges but none of that nasty referred glute pain - so I'm pretty happy with it.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Wise move TP.

Yay for you. Great news TP. I'm so pleased :-)

Cirque said...

I'm glad to hear your back is finally improving.

TD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TD said...

I think the 'excited Ferret' did well actually, especially considering his back problems. I've had my back problems too over the years...dim sims and chips....are they good for crook backs?

Tesso said...

I totally understand about getting out of the early morning habit, though it took me more than a few days to do it.

Seems like the back is on the mend thank goodness. So, what's the latest thought on PMC ... or are you keeping us in suspenders.

Horrie said...

Missed you at the 5km challenge this morning. Tim was happy to get another one under his belt, running in his new DSA outfit. He was one very happy chappy when he finished.

Ellie80 said...

ha - i've heard those heart rate monitors have attitude. i'll steer clear :)

pleased that you are largely pain free! keep up the good work!

Steve's Stuff said...

My misses would say, "Well, where did you last leave it?" and I would reply, "If I knew that I wouldn't be asking the question".

Don Juan said...

Good to see the comeback is happening.

Better start working on Mrs 2P now to call the removalists for the next job: DIY looks like a false economy.
[You can tell I'm useless around the house.]

Rachel said...

When you find your heart rate monitor can you see if any of my odd socks and pens are floating around there too? Honestly I don't know where they all go!

Good to hear the back is on the improve.

Spark Driver said...

You will find the HR monitor. It will be in the last place you look.